With bikini season fast approaching we all have banishing cellulite on the brain - or at least reducing it's appearance!
This is the DIY to do just that, thanks to a couple of secret, lump-combating ingredients.
Cellulite enemy #1 is caffeine, which tightens and provides antioxidants to the skin when applied topically. When applied religiously, it has been shown to reduce the appearance of cellulite, especially over time. Here, we combine ground coffee beans with moisturising, skin-soothing coconut oil and a bit of sea salt for an extra exfoliating kick. By massaging this trifecta onto any problem area, you will stimulate blood flow resulting in smoother, firmer skin.
And it smells amazing!
- 1 cup of ground coffee
- 6 tbsp of coconut oil (you can use your Bali Body!)
- 3 tbsp sea salt or sugar
- an empty jar - try a Bal Mason jar!
- dry body brush (optional)
- Measure out the dry ingredients and mix together in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave if solid, and add that to the mixture.
- Combine the coconut oil and mix well.
- Transfer contents to a waterproof jar or container.
- OPTIONAL: Before getting in the shower, use your dry brush to exfoliate and stimulate blood flow. Brush lightly in a circular motion on any problem areas, or all over your body.
- In the shower, apply your scrub to areas with cellulite. Massage the scrub onto skin in a circular motion before rinsing. Repeat every time you shower for amazing results.
- Recipe from Elle Magazine.